Have you ever felt like life was just together? For me, this happens when my house is cleaned, errands complete, laundry tackled, groceries are in the pantry, hair is done, and my skin is glowing. I’m not a senior citizen, but my youthful skin days seem to be coming to a rapid close. Most of you understand and know exactly what I mean by “good” skin days. My cycle hits here comes a zit, didn’t get enough sleep dark circles expose my troubles, forgot my daily dose of water, and no amount is moisturizer will hide it. I have been through it all but I think I have finally managed to find a routine that will sustain even my toughest days. Everyone’s skin is different and you should adhere to whatever works for you. Speaking for myself I have combination skin, oily through the center and normal everywhere else. Fair warning, products mentioned are not for dry skin, although they may work for you. Listed below are all the items you need in your skincare routine to stay looking youthful.
- CeraVe Foaming Face Wash– Yes, washing your face with more than just soap and water does matter. This is one area of skincare I refuse to splurge on. I’ve tried several high end brands and have gotten the same or even a better result using Cera Ve. All of my make up is easily removed and my face feels refreshed after each use. I recommend using this both morning and night. This product retails for about $15.00.
- Ole Henrickson: Transforming walnut scrub- I love this brand! I used to skip this step as I thought it was unnecessary and a waste of money. For a long time I would make my own homemade exfoliate (I’ll give details of that another time) but this product is a game changer! My face has never been more smooth and my fine lines have become almost unnoticeable. This product retails for $28.00.
- Rodan and Fields: pore minimizing toner– If you have never used Rodan and Fields you are missing a treat! The only negative thing I can say towards this brand it will for sure break the bank! They aren’t cheap and some may find the prices to be a bit outrageous. If you have extremely troubled skin this is the way to go. This product however, I find to be a great price. You will notice a flawless even skin tone while minimizing facial pores. Sold alone it retails for $50.00. Still a little too expensive? Try out OleHenricksen toner for half the price.
- OleHenricksen: Vitamin C Truth Serum– This pairs very nicely with the toner listed above. Serums are a very important part of your skin care routine. This product does a great job brightening your skin and giving it that refreshed glow that we all strive to achieve. Depending on what size you are picking up the truth serum retails between $22.00-73.00.
- Sunday Riley: Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Serum– Okay, speaking of pricey this one takes the cake. If you have aging skin or you want to slow down the process of aging go grab this today! You are greatly welcome in advance : ). From all the products listed this is one you will see results immediately after just one use. Not only will your fine lines and wrinkles be reduced but it also has a plumping effect to the skin. The lactic acid treatment should be used as your night serum. This product retails for $158.00.
- OleHenrickson: Sheer transformation perfecting moisturizer– I love the light and airy feel of this product. I use this moisturizer both in the morning and night and it never feels heavy on my face. It also doesn’t leave your skin feeling tacky like other moisturizers on the market. I find this one to work really well with my skin type. This product retails for $40.00.
- OleHenrickson: Banana bright eye cream– I promise this blog isn’t sponsored but OleHenrickson, although that would be nice. I have used tons of eye creams non of which have had this effect. I suppose it could be my genetics but my under eyes are extremely dry and require a lot of attention. I find this cream to do exactly as it claims it brightens and moisturizers your under eye to allow for any make up to apply very nicely. This product retails for $38.00.
- Laneige: Lip Sleeping Mask– I have already raved about this product on a previous post so i’ll spare you with the details. I will mention lips age just like skin. If you start to notice wrinkles that doesn’t mean you have run to a botox syringe. They need proper care and the best way to do so is allowing them to have a nice moisturizing mask at night. This is a great go to! This retails for $20.00.
- Tatcha: Violet C Brightening serum 205 vitamin C + 10% AHA– Although not for everyday use this is a great weekend treat to revitalize your face. This is another product you are sure to see immediate results after just one use. Paired with all the products listed above I can guarantee you will get ID’d all night long! Again, thank me later. Retails for $88.00.
Obviously I could go on, but i’m focusing just on my weekly routine. Again, please keep in mind these may not work on all faces as we are all different. I’m not naive to think I’ve seen the worst of my wrinkles, but do plan on slowing them down as long as I can. Aging is guaranteed for all of us, but how we age is up to us. As for me, I plan to get extra beauty rest, live up every day, and continue splurging on products that keep me looking young (or at least feeling it).
Until next time, happy reading! : )