Headed to the beach this summer? You’ve been dying for a getaway and vacation is around the corner. Before you can nestle into complete relaxation you have one task to do.. PACK! Tired already? You are not alone. Just the thought of putting outfits together, making lists, running back and forth to the stores, and finding extra room in your suitcase will have you wishing for extra days of vacation. The process is tough and sometimes stressful especially when packing for more than just yourself. First off, don’t procrastinate start to put aside items you already have and create a list of what you need. Understand where you are headed and check the weather to adequately accommodate outfits for day and night. This summer my Dad, sister and myself and headed out to sail! Having cruised before we feel prepared and excited to get out there kick our feet up! Below I have compiled a list of must haves for your upcoming cruise and beach vacation.
- SWIMSUITS: That’s right. Grab the old and order some new! When on a cruise ship everything requires a swimsuit. Everything. I am extra, ( but is that really a surprise to anyone), so a fresh swimsuit a day is a must. Is it necessary? No. But Instagram pictures won’t take themselves (AM I RIGHT)! Seriously, one thing you absolutely can’t forget to pack is a swimsuit.
- COMFORTABLE CLOTHING: With the ocean being in your view and a pool nearby you want to wear something comfortable and easy to slip on and off. Cute cover ups and wraps will come in handy. If you are headed to lunch on deck or dinner at the beach dress it up and grab the sun dress. Items I would suggest: rompers, tank tops, shorts, dresses, jumpsuits, crop tops, skirts. These pieces are easy to throw on, quick to accessorize for dressing up or down, and don’t carry much room in the suitcase.
- FORMAL WEAR: Everyone has a different definition of formal. Some like slacks and a nice top others dress for the prom (totally my style). Regardless of your taste bring two outfits to impress. The captain will have a formal dinner on the cruise ship, and for my single ladies, well, every captain needs a co captain. The second formal outfit is for a special night out with the girls or an intimate date set up by your spouse. SIKE! Go ahead and set it up yourself your spouse isn’t smart enough to do it. 🙂
- ALCOHOL: I thought long and hard prior to typing if I should include this or not in respect for my “sophisticated readers”. Just kidding I only thought about it for five seconds and then moved on. Every cruise ship offers the drink package (overpriced), but if you are wanting all the strawberry daiquiris you can consume then get after it hunny! For everyone else sneak it on. They sell empty bottles of sunscreen and hair shampoo to fill up with your favorite drink of choice. Don’t say I sent you just head on over to amazon and place your order. You’re welcome in advance.
- EMPTY WATER BOTTLE: Something about not having water readily available makes you thirsty. You will not be able to get water in your room late hours of the night. Bring a large bottle of water to fill up after dinner. You will want to have some form of hydration after a full day of festivities and by festivities I mean drinks.
- WATER PROOF CASE: Everything you do includes water. When leaving the boat their will be excursions that require you to get completely in the water. No one goes ANYWHERE without a phone. Be prepared. You don’t want to risk putting it down and never seeing it again when the excursion comes to a close. You will want to have constant access to your device. Cases will be sold on the ship if you forget to purchase but keep in mind everything on the ship will cost a bit more.
- THE BASICS: I bunched all the little stuff together in one category and it’s probably the most important. This will include all accessories; i.e. hair ties, jewelry, shoes, and lanyards. All toiletries, which fill up most of your suitcase, so weigh out which are most important. Clorox wipes, motion sickness medicine, and a power strip are all must haves for the room. Last but certainly not least with all emphasis being put on fun in the sun, please, don’t forget the underwear!
Summer is around the corner and we have made it ya’ll! Don’t let packing for summer vacation cause stress on your upcoming expedition. Book your trip, go where love most, plan early, shop accordingly, and enjoy yourself! Happy traveling and may everyone have the best summer vacation yet!